10 Ways to Prevent Water Damage
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Union, Towns, Fannin & Gilmer Counties arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. Here are some ways to prevent water damage to your home or business:
1. Clean and inspect gutters regularly.
2. Keep downspouts clear of any blockages.
3. Repair or replace roofing as needed.
4. Be sure soffit vents are clean and unobstructed.
5. Check for any cracks or peeling paint. These could indicate moisture retention.
6. Fill low spots around building foundation with clean fill dirt.
7. Create slope away from structure to drain runoff properly.
8. Trim plants around building to avoid growth of mold or mildew.
9. Make sure garden areas have adequate drainage.
10. Apply a waterproofing coating to interior or exterior basement walls.
If you have any questions regarding any troubles you are experiencing, do not hesitate to contact our SERVPRO of Union, Towns, Fannin & Gilmer Counties office.