Flooded Home Results in Mold
An unrecognized water loss resulted in this home being over-run with large amounts of mold. The home was a second home in Blairsville, GA and was not frequently visited. This photo shows what moisture left unattended can lead to.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Union, Towns, Fannin & Gilmer Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
SERVPRO of Union, Towns, Fannin & Gilmer Counties was called in to handle the damage to this home. The owners of this property were overjoyed with the results.